The color's not quite right in the photo, but overall, I love it. I think most of the reason that I love it so much is because I'm using Koigu. I love Koigu. It is soft and sproingy and the colors are so beautiful. Whenever I knit with Koigu, I always find a different favorite color in whatever colorway I'm using. (My favorite in this project is a deep red, almost a wine color. Gorgeous.) I'm also enjoying dropping the stitches. As you can see, I decided to purl the dropped stitch rather than use markers. While it's nice not to have a hundred markers (or 14) I have to say that I prefer the effect of the dropped stitches when they've been knitted rather than purled. I think ultimately it doesn't matter, but as a matter of personal preference, if I ever knit one of these again, I will probably try to devise a way that avoids both purling and markers.
I cut all my hair off tonight.
I think I have found a new hair guy. I think I could have stood to go even shorter, but I'm really happy with it. When I go for a trim next month, I'll have him cut it a bit shorter. I can't even get it into an itty bitty ponytail, which is awesome, because the messy bun had become my default hairstyle, and you can't even really call that a hairstyle, to be honest.
I'm going to Minneapolis again on Saturday for a rockin' bachelorette party! And I know that "What happens in Minneapolis stays in Minneapolis" doesn't have *quite* the same ring to it, but I think it still applies in this case. Here's hoping there will be time to knit in the car.
2 comments:
I bet the dropped stitches will look great once it's been blocked. And the colors are so pretty!
the cut looks great!
Post a Comment