22 January 2010

As promised.

I promised you a finished object photo today, and I am following through with that promise!



My Roonil Wazlib socks, made with Harry Potter Opal yarn, on US 1 DPNs. The pattern is the toe-up Jaywalkers, which I have knitted before, but I inserted the heel from the Baudelaire socks by Cookie A. I really like this heel and I think I will use it again, perhaps with a slip-stitch pattern on the back of the heel because that is where I wear out my socks. I think the stitch count at the cuff was 78, but I have extremely skinny ankles and these are snug.

There is no reason it should have taken me more than 9 months to knit these socks, but a sudden spate of finish-itis was all it took for me to get cracking.

It's funny that Gale mentioned the Denmark socks (Rav link) from Knitting on the Road in the comments the other day, because that is just the pattern I was considering. The photos in the book are terrible. The Denmark socks are knitted in dark blue yarn, almost navy, and the cables are extremely difficult to see, but if you look at the pattern page on Ravelry, you can see that they are quite lovely socks. Now the problem is deciding what sock yarn to use. If you're feeling ambitious, go through my stash and see if you can find a semi-solid that would be suitable.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I *heart* all things weasley, especially those socks!