30 January 2009

"... then a pair of twin girls, 'Patil' and 'Patil'..."

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Chapter 7, The Sorting Hat

After many months of neglect in my awesome pink sock bag from Carmen, Padma and Parvati are finally finished.

I used two skeins of Sandnesgarn Lanett, color 4520 and 4505. I wanted to use them up as equally as possible, so this is the plan I came up with: three-row stripes, with the yarns carried up the inside. They need to be washed and blocked, and have the ends woven in, but overall I am very pleased with them. I got my inspiration from the Fred and George socks, which I think I will one day need to make when I have more single skeins lying around the place.

I'm also planning on taking part in NaKniSweMoDo — rather unofficially, as I'm about a month late, but my goal is to knit a sweater a month in 2009 (National Knit a Sweater Month Dodecathon). I'm a bit behind, but I plan to do as much catching up as possible this weekend, and then hope to knit something quick in February to make up for it!

6 comments:

Fluffykira said...

Love em!

the Lady said...

Nice socks! Very cool.

Jo said...

Heart.

Christine said...

My favorite of all your socks so far. AND they don't make me itch at all! I love the matchy-non-matchy thing. Very Padma and Parvati!

Anonymous said...

Sock envy, sock envy, sock envy! I have got to stop using all my cool colors for the damn dolls!

Teri said...

Nicely done. They are truly cute.