01 February 2009

Knit like the wind.

My Weasley Jumper 2.0 is coming along swimmingly. Just goes to show what a weekend of hibernation will do for a girl.


As you can see, my sweater is going to be quite different from the original sweater (Ravelry link), with buttons on only one side and again, no initial on the front.

I'm hoping to finish all the knitting and finishing tonight, and then find buttons sometime this week. I'm almost positive that I'm going to have plenty of yarn (Queensland Collection Kathman du Aran, color 120 — purchased at The Needle Nest in Louisburg, Kan., on the guild's Kansas-side yarn crawl last spring. I think my color might be discontinued, because I got a great discount and it's been marinating in the stash ever since.) Anyway, it's great yarn, not scratchy at all. I have enough of this yarn in a different colorway for another sweater, purchased at MisKnits.

I've been listening to the third Harry Potter book, Prisoner of Azkaban, while knitting this weekend. It's my favorite.

3 comments:

Christine said...

OK, I totally heard the sheep baaaing and Cast-On's music playing in the background when I read your title....knit, knit like the wind....

ANYWAY, adorable sweater. LOVING it. If you feel like button-diving, feel free to dig through my stash. I'll have to warn you that it's not organized in the least.

You do have some flying fingers when you bury away with movies and sticks and string!

Anonymous said...

You are officially a knitting machine!

Alyssa said...

I'm currently freezing and that sweater looks like the warmest thing ever! I want to reach into the computer and put it on.