14 January 2009

Swoon.

I was going to go to UFO night tonight, but I got home and was totally distracted by my stash.

I'm reacquainting myself with the joys of Koigu and am experiencing for the first time, the exceptional pleasure of knitting with Lantern Moon ebony needles. (Mine are the 6-inch Sox Stix.)

The colors of Koigu are absolutely exquisite. My colorway is P615, but there's nothing on the company Web site that even comes close. It's full of greens and blues, but also golds and pink and browns. It reminds me of summer, and in January, I need all the reminding of summer that I can get.

I'm only two pattern repeats in, but I'm very pleased with how the socks are coming out. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for some sunlight before I can take a picture — one of my blog resolutions is to take fewer pictures with the flash. But tonight I drove home before sunset, so the days are getting longer bit by bit, and Daylight Savings Time is less than two months away. (March 8! Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?)

2 comments:

the Lady said...

Ah, the joy and wonder that is Koigu. I love mine so much that I don't knit it. I just keep it there, safe, for the future.

Christine said...

OH I love those needles! I've snapped my share of LM ebony's and have had to go to hiya's only. Tight knitting does have its drawbacks.

I'm re-falling in love with my stash too! Isn't it funny how that works? I've seen the goodies you buy and it should be a good year of the stash!