03 January 2009

Happy 2009!

I didn't mean to leave you so long without a post, dear readers, but I have been crazy busy since the last time I posted. I flew home from California to KC, removed dirty clothes from suitcase to laundry, put clean laundry back in suitcase, and went to Chicago. I also worked two and a half days, bought a pair of prescription sunglasses (these, but with black frames), managed not to buy anything unnecessary at Target (twice!) and found a super-cute outfit for New Year's Eve.

New Year's was lots of fun — we went to the Dankhaus in Chicago and saw The Polkaholics play and drank lots of beer. There was dancing, and champagne, and curiously, fig-flavored vodka. (It was not tasty.) Here's the last photo of the evening:

(Me, with a rather drunk friend of my brother's. Good times.)

You will be glad to hear that I sustained no injuries in the course of the evening! I don't go home until tomorrow, though, so there is still a good chance that I could severely break myself somehow in the next 24 hours.

Let's see, what else has gone on?

I got some Conjoined Creations Flat Feet sock yarn from AJ for Christmas. She came to my parent's house in California! We also went to see Twilight. Again. Squee! Here's the yarn:

I have already frogged one of the flats and wound it into a ball. The idea of knitting off a piece of stockinette is just not appealing to me. So the yarn is all crinkly, but it's very pretty, and rather soft. It's far more semi-solid than I thought it would be. So far, I have a toe. That's it. That's all I've knitted in the four days I've been in Chicago. I really want to pick the right pattern for it, and I haven't had the chance to scour Ravelry properly for the perfect socks.

Today I got to see Julianna, and we had lunch and visited The Woolly Lamb, my first Chicago yarn shop! I may have fallen down and had an accident. However, because I am extremely lazy, I am going to make you wait until I get home to show you pictures of the yarn I got. (Three guesses what kind of yarn I got.)

1 comment:

Jo said...

I know what kind of yarn! I know I know. And everybody else I was with on Friday night knows, too. . .