Very rarely (anymore) do I buy large amounts of yarn without a vague idea of what I'm going to make with it, so that means I've got a plan for almost everything in the stash. (Except for sock yarn. Because a knitter can never have enough sock yarn.)
First on the dock is some yarn that's been marinating in the stash for almost two years. It's got some baggage with it, so I want to get it out of the stash before it infects the other yarn.
I promise, the picture does not do it justice. The light and the color are all wonky because of the snow, but rest assured it is a riot of color. The yarn is, of course, Koigu, my one true sock yarn love. I'm not-so-secretly glad that my mom has destroyed almost every pair of 100% wool socks I've knitted her, because that means I get to keep all the Koigu for myself. The pattern is Badcaul and it can be found on Ravelry here. I love it almost as much as I love the Koigu.
And I know I said I was going to knock it off with the bad flash photography in low light, but this little sweater is going to be winging its way to Texas soon, where it will hopefully fit the Nacho baby.
It's the Placket Neck Sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson, and it really was a quick knit — I made it in less than a week, and that wasn't even with very dedicated knitting. (My copy of the book has an error in this pattern. You can download the corrected PDF version from the link above. It's free!) I used about a skein and a half of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. I went with a taupe color because it's less likely to show stains. That's assuming the babe hasn't outgrown it by the time I send it. I'm going to make more of these, I'm sure, as it seems that everyone I know is spawning, and they're all having boys.
Also? I am tired of winter. I am tired of snow. I am tired of cold. But I love my flannel sheets and woolly socks. And mittens and sweaters and hats.
2 comments:
I feel the same way about the cold and the snow, but I am rather fond of my flannel sheets and how very cozy they are.
Oh it'll be cute on the baby! I had no idea of the error, thanks for the link!
Post a Comment