12 January 2009

Aw, crap.

I missed my own blogiversary, folks. Feel free to ridicule me in the comments.

In honor of my blogiversary (I at least remembered that it was happening, if not the exact date), I made a little splurge this weekend:


That's a set of ebony DPNs from Lantern Moon, purchased at Wildflower Yarns in Manhattan, KS. The Koigu is also from there. It is taking every ounce of restraint that I possess NOT to cast on for Koigu socks immediately.

Instead, I am knitting a baby sweater, because the baby for whom I knitted the Nacho sweater has outgrown it. He now weighs 18 pounds. And he's only 4 months old. His mama informed me sadly that he could no longer wear it, so I am making a replacement. If the kid keeps growing at this rate, I should start making kids' clothes so he'll get more than a few wears out of his knitwear. I also am investigating wool soakers for little Nacho.

This weekend, a group of us went to the Winter Wool Fest in Wamego. There was much fiber to be had.

 
Teri, Jo, Tanya, Jen and I got up early and made the drive. I got some lovely chocolate brown alpaca from a local farm, and we went to Settler's Farm and I (and the Other Jo) got enough Peace Fleece for sweaters! Jen learned how to use a drop spindle, Teri got lots of fiber for spinning, and I ran into a bunch of knitters from the Kansas Knits list. We had lunch at Toto's Tacos (Wamego is home to the Wizard of Oz museum, so much of the town is Oz-themed) and then went to Manhattan to visit Wildflower, my original LYS. It was a great fiber-filled day!

2 comments:

Jo said...

From the looks of your pictures, all we did all day was find things to snuggle. . .

aj said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I totally just bought that same Koigu. It was the stuff I picked out at ImagiKnit in SF.