26 December 2008

Not quite Christmas.

It's not quite Christmas anymore here in California, but I wanted to take a moment to say Happy Christmas to all of you (or, I suppose, Happy Boxing Day.) I finished the hat and fingerless mitts in plenty of time to give to my SIL, but I forgot my camera in KC and my camera phone leaves much to be desired. Dad's second sock is still minus a foot, but I've turned the heel and am making headway on the gusset decreases. So much for knitting to a deadline. Maybe next year I'll be more on top of things. And hopefully not broken anymore.

For the first time in my 25 years, we opened presents on Christmas morning instead of Christmas Eve. My brother and his wife brought their Nintendo Wii, so we played bowling and MarioKart and golf, and the Lego Batman was a huge success! I'll be in Chicago for New Year's (and this time I'll take my camera, promise) so I'm sure we will play the hell out of that game. My roommate also got a Wii for Christmas — thanks, Facebook, for keeping me apprised of all my friends' Christmas presents — so I may not do much knitting in January.

In the meantime, I'm going to offset all this gift knitting with a bit of gift knitting and Harry Potter.

No comments: