
I unearthed this from the depths of my closet a week or two ago, and since it was mostly done, I decided to finish it this weekend. I must have started this sock over a year ago (yarn purchased at MisKnits, which has since closed its physical doors, sadly, though its virtual doors have since opened, and it was probably one of my final purchases at the shop) but I remembered this weekend why I stopped knitting these socks. There was a KNOT in the yarn, and it broke up the lovely progression of color, and it made me mad. Anyone care to guess where the knot is? To be honest, I have a hard time finding it, and I know where it is.
It's a plain 3x1 ribbed sock, toe up, knit on US 0 DPNs, but here's my problem. Since I started this more than a year ago, I have no idea what pattern I was using. It's knitted over 72 sts, but that doesn't match up with any sock patterns that I currently use. So recreating this sock to get the second of the pair could be rather interesting. I think I started the toe with 16 sts, but it's hard to tell because the yarn is dark.
I knitted most of the rest of this sock here, until it got dark. It was a glorious day to sit outside and knit, and the KC Symphony is superb. I even managed to avoid getting a sunburn. The evening was lovely, no clouds, and the fireworks show was awesome. I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment