18 May 2011

Something old.

So I finished this cardigan in January, and have been wearing it at least once a week and then again on the weekend, I love it that much.

IMG_20110518_212532.jpg

It's the Carrot Cardigan, by Hannah Fettig. Have you noticed a trend here? This is the fourth pattern of hers that I have knitted and loved. The pattern is awesome. I don't think I changed a thing. I used Cascade 220 Sport (color chosen by Wichita — he initially chose grey, but I believe I was wearing a grey cardigan the day we went to the yarn shop so I told him to pick a different color and this is what he came up with) and I loooooove this yarn. It is holding up beautifully to rather hard use. I've never used regular Cascade 220, but I imagine it's just as nice. I may have to spring for a sweater's worth someday.

My May destash goals are being undermined by a lovely, lovely sock. Pictures tomorrow after I bind off the first sock. Hopefully that will take the edge off and I can get some of my goal knitting done this weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cascade 220 is on sale now at WEBS. I just stocked up...such a great yarn!!

Gale Bulkley said...

That is a great cardigan in a great colour. In my experience the 220 heathers tend to pill very quickly.

Fluffykira said...

Love it on you! :)

Christine said...

What a lovely sweater in front of a lovely yarny background! :)

You look fabulous in it and I've been lusting after Hannah Fetig's patterns for a while now too! Going to have to cast on and get busy!