And learning new techniques.

I know you can't really see it, but I used a tubular bind-off on the collar of my Featherweight cardigan. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I kitchenered. SUCCESSFULLY.
If you're a longtime reader, you know my challenges with kitchener stitch. Sometimes it's too loose. Sometimes it's too tight. Usually I lose count and screw it up. And one time I got purl bumps instead of stockinette stitch, I have no idea how.
BUT NO MORE. I successfully used the kitchener stitch over 329 stitches (that's a lot, for any non-knitters out there) and while the first couple inches look like crap, by the end I had hit my stride. I'm super happy with it. I'm pretty sure I will wear this cardigan all summer long.
7 comments:
I love tubular cast on and cast off. Yay! I like your new sweater.
Congratulations Jo! That's quite a lot of kitchener stitch.
I meant to also say, your new cardi is really cute.
Really pretty!
Love the cardigan!
It's beautiful! Enjoy it!
super fabulous! And malabrigo too? ultra fluffy, soft and ultra fabulous. Also, way to rock the kitchener!
Post a Comment