05 November 2008

Knits: Where are they now?

I did not knit a stitch this evening. I was kind of distracted by the amazing, amazing things happening in my country.

But that is not all I did! No sir. I went to knit at Christine's, and instead of knitting, I frogged. Yep. Rip-it, rip-it.

Remember the Gathered Pullover? When we last saw the sweater, it looked something like this:

One sleeve, uncertain assembly methods, etc., etc. I actually did finish the sweater and wear it a couple of times, but my math was a little (read: a lot) off, and the sweater didn't quite fit. At all. Nor did it fit anyone I know. It was too big for me, too shapeless for anyone else. (I know, shocker, right? Because it totally looks like it fits in the above photo. Let this be a lesson to you: gauge is a cruel mistress.) Perhaps someday, we could make it work, but not this time, not this yarn.

After tonight, the sweater is chilling in 6 happy medium-sized yarn cakes (and several smaller yarn cakes) in a Ziploc bag. I didn't even have to sacrifice much yarn to the finishing. The pile of scraps was surprisingly small. This yarn (Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool) is destined to become something else. Green Gable, perhaps? Because I don't have enough recently acquired Silky Wool to last me several sweaters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Gathered Pullover is no more, but it's Silky Wool, so your right that it will be something else wonderful. Lots of people on Ravelry have had good success with the Tangled Yoke Cardigan and I plan to use my Silky Wool for it as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you frogged it, I think it would have sat in a bin for months maybe years before I could bear to look at it.

Bricklyrknitter said...

I love the title of this post!