In June, I started a knitting journal. I found it at Barnes & Noble, and it has a good mix of graph paper and plain paper, and I've been stapling scraps of yarn into it, along with the pattern name and designer and gauge, and the needles and yarn I used and how much. I've enjoyed doing it, and it's nice that I can sit down and flip through it and get my last six months' worth of knitting projects laid out in front of me.
The more observant among you might say, "Why don't you just use Ravelry, you silly bint?" To that I say, "Because I am not that organized, and I am that lazy." It's true. While I may use Ravelry to catalog everything I've made, very often I don't use that "notes" field at the bottom of the project page. So I like having the notebook with the yarn (and sometimes an actual swatch!) and all my pattern notes. It gets really entertaining when I find notes I don't remember writing (usually Ambien-induced) and my handwriting degenerates into an unreadable scrawl. (For the record, I've been Ambien-free for almost three weeks. I'm quite proud of myself, although I am getting a lot less sleep.)
I know that my last few posts have been distressingly photo-free, but that will hopefully change tomorrow. My finished sweater will be photographed and posted for posterity's sake, because the yarn is so bulky, I may not be able to affix it to my knitting journal. (8 sts x 12 rows = 4 inches on US 17 circs. I am tickled to no end by the bulkiness of this sweater.)
Also, I've got an offer you can't refuse (if you've got small feet.) I have a pair of Fibertrends sock blockers, size small (US women's shoe sizes 5 to 7) that have been used maybe twice. They can be yours for the low, low price of $15. I don't know what was going on in my head when I bought them, because Lord knows my feet are not that small. Are yours, or do you have a small-footed person to knit for? Leave a snarky comment (or e-mail me, or send me a note on Ravelry) and I'll send them to you. First come, first serve.
2 comments:
I never understood why people use sock blockers, perhaps you can enlighten me?
I started keeping a project journal when I first started knitting, but I never kept it up. I must say, for me, it's so much easier to surf over to Ravelry and click in all the info. I do kind of miss having a book to flip through though, makes it nice and tangible. I think it's nice for posterity too.
Did these get claimed? If not let me know and I'll buy them for my daughter.
Post a Comment