19 November 2008

Drive-by blog.

  • My wool is home. Thanks to Amber for keeping it on ice for a couple of weeks while I got my bug situation figured out. The stash has been reunited, and it is safely wrapped in plastic and surrounded by cedar blocks. I hate the smell of cedar, but it's a small price to pay for bug-free wool.
  • My yarn from the dye class is also home. Unfortunately, its exquisiteness cannot be captured in artificial light, so you will have to wait until I have an opportunity to photograph it in natural light (preferably an opportunity that doesn't involve taking a picture of said yarn anywhere near my office building.) It is teal and chocolate brown and lime, with a touch of magenta thrown in for good measure. 
  • I have started Christmas knitting in earnest. This does not make me particularly happy, as it detracts from knitting for myself. 
  • I have a cold. This also does not make me particularly happy; however, I'm willing to over look it because I'm so happy that my wool is home.
  • Now that my wool is home, I have a dreadful case of startitis. Must... resist... cast on...

2 comments:

the Lady said...

Ick. Feel better.

Lynn said...

Hope you feel better soon. Glad your wool is home. It has to feel very comforting. If you don't like the smell of cedar, you can use lavender soaps or Irish Spring soap to keep bugs at bay. When the scent has dissipated, replace it and use the soap for yourself.

Lynn