15 November 2008

Don't ask.

God only knows why I am awake at 7 a.m. on a Saturday. Maybe I've become one of those people who can't sleep in on the weekends. (sob)

In the meantime, look at this:



SQUEE!! The movie SHOULD be coming out next week, but because Warner Bros. are a bunch of jerks, we have to wait another 8 months.

In other news, I finished a sweater. The pictures are ridiculous, but enough to give you the idea. (I have no idea why I'm standing like that.)

Pattern specs: Cherish by Kim Hargreaves, from Heartfelt, The Dark House Collection. 3 skeins of Brown Sheep Burly Spun, charcoal heather. (My original math indicated that I only needed two skeins, which is why I shouldn't do math. Ever. Amber had to make a special order from Brown Sheep, and they didn't have any more of my dyelot left. Can you spot where the dyelot changes? I can't, either.) US 17 NEEDLES. HAHAHAHA. I actually have most of the third skein left, so I'll probably be making a ridiculously bulky hat. Or maybe a cowl or something. Either way, it will take about five minutes to knit because the gauge is so huge.

And the back:

I want to knit about half the things in this book, so I thought it was worth the ridiculous search I made trying to get a hold of it. I finally had to order it from Webs, because I called every single shop in the KC metro area (and some outside the metro area) that carries Rowan, and no one had this book.

Today I'm going to be dyeing my own sock yarn! Pics will follow!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Your sweater is fantastic, your sweater is fantastic, your sweater is FANTASTIC.

S. said...

F-ing A-holes! Omg, I'm sorry I totally just swore on your blog, but OMG how dare they move the movie back Again! and I was looking forward to it (pathetic as I know it will be, just can't compare to the books.)

Anyhow. Nice sweater.