10 November 2008

Faits divers.

Don't you just love it when a sleeve cap fits perfectly into an armhole with little to no effort on your part? This is the first time it's ever happened to me, and it's a glorious feeling. Granted, I usually pick up stitches around the armhole and knit my sleeves from the top down. But this still feels like magic.

I have a whole sweater that is nearly finished, but alas, I have no one here to photograph me wearing it, nor have I woven in the ends. There is also a button to sew on. This sweater would have been done ages ago if it were not for my deplorable multiplication skills, and I suspect it also had something to do with converting meters to yards, because I ran rather short on yarn. Regardless, Amber saved the day with a well-timed Brown Sheep order, and it's impossible to tell where one dyelot ends and the other begins. (I would be able to tell, but it would involve turning the whole sweater inside out, and that just seems like a lot of effort.) But the sweater has been washed and blocked, and once I weave in the ends and affix the button, it will be done. It's quite cozy. I'm looking forward to sharing it.

Update on the carpet beetle situation: I spent Thursday evening vacuuming the hell out of the apartment, and all traces of beetle activity are gone. I actually moved a bunch of furniture around and got into the space between the baseboards and the carpet, and vacuumed away. I pulled everything out of the closet and found no sign of noms on the yarn or bugs in the carpet, so I'm operating under the theory that there were never any bugs in the closet. The yarn that was under the bed, however, is taking a little vacation to Amber's deep freeze (there she goes again, saving the day) where it is currently in the middle of a freeze-thaw-freeze cycle. I wasn't going to bother freezing it, but I was convinced otherwise by some hysterical knitter who lives in the cube next to me.

2 comments:

utwistknit08 said...

Love your calorimetry--the colors are beautiful. I am going to have to make one, I hope I can find the yarn you used at my LYS. I have 3 projects waiting to be done for Christmas gifts, but that might have to come first.

Chery said...

non-snarky::

Bring it Thursday for show and tell. Surely there will be a picture-taker there.