14 September 2008

Quick, before the drugs kick in...

I took an Ambien before I started this post, so I may be a bit loopy by the end. But then, can you ever really tell the difference between Ambien-Jo blogging and regular-Jo blogging? Didn't think so.

I started a new pair of socks. I was originally going to use the beautiful SMOOSHY! that Amber gave me for my birthday, but then I brought the wrong size needles, and it would be absolutely ridiculous if I bought MORE US 1 DPNs. So I started socks with a purchase of Two Windows Dye Co. (regionally based in Hutchinson, KS. Isn't that where the Kansas State Fair is? We should go next year.) Deb, the dyer at Two Windows, makes lovely yarn. All of it that I have seen knitted up is lovely, and I hope to take the dyeing class at MisKnits the next time Deb is in KC.

But here's what I've done with mine, purchased at MisKnits:

I am MAD for these socks. The moment I saw they were going to stripe, I pulled out my Jaywalkers pattern and started knitting! I love love love these socks! They remind me of a grey, rainy day, but when the clouds part, sometimes you get a bit of sunshine and a rainbow. The heel and gusset leave something to be desired, but I am quite fond of these, my new jaywalkers. I wonder what other Two Windows skeins may stripe when we knit them up!

I also have many other projects on the needles at this time. Because my goal is to finish this post before the drugs kick in, one more thing before I say good night to you all.

This is the swatch for Ingenue (ravelry link) from the book Custom Knits (amazon link) By Wendy Bernard (Wendy's Blog link.) I am very impressed with this book, and Ingenue is going to be my first pattern from it. The swatch is not lying (at the moment — swatches are tricky little bastards that way) and I am getting 4.5 sts/in, as per the pattern. I even tried out a bit of the stitch pattern at the neckline and sleeves and quite like the look of it. Knitted on US 8, I bet I get this baby banged out in two weeks or so.

Also! I got the Eclectic Sole in my mail yesterday, and I think that's what's inspiring me. I need a destash, and I need one bad. The guild is planning it, so be ready for some pretty fantastic yarn up for grabs.

No comments: