03 September 2008

The knitters have spoken.

The overwhelming response to my query (both here at the blog and at UFO night) is that I should first seam the sleeves, then attach them to the body. This was my original instinct as well, I just wanted to be sure, because everyone knows that if I *can* fall ass-backwards into something, I usually will.

The second sleeve has been knitted and is blocking on my hallway carpet under a fan. (No pins.) I love wool. My favorite thing about wool (and there are lots of things I like about wool, so I must think this is a pretty great quality wool possesses) is that when you go to wash it, there are always twenty gazillion (yes, that's a very scientific number) little air bubbles that come popping up to the surface. Wool holds SO MUCH air. That's what makes it so warm. If I knew anything about science or thermal what-have-you, I would explain it now. However, I don't. I just know that I really get a kick out of the little bubbles.

Also, let it be noted that today, Sept. 3, was the first wool sock-wearing of the season. Stupid autumn.

I made banana blueberry bread tonight (recipe found here.) I made it not-vegan, but you can if you so choose.

2 comments:

Teri said...

I've been wearing my wool socks all summer. I am a rebel.

Gwen said...

You must be in a different world than me. It was a stunning 98 degrees here in DC. I think it's the heat before the hurrican that's supposed to drop this weekend and dump a lot of rain on us.

Gwen