21 September 2008

Possible record-breaker.

I started a sweater on Tuesday, Sept. 16.


This is how far I'd knitted by Saturday afternoon. As of about 15 minutes ago, I've finished the body and am almost to the cuff of the first sleeve. It may be a bit premature to announce it, but I think I'm going to hit the one-week sweater goal.

The pattern is Ingenue (ravelry link) by Wendy Bernard. Her book Custom Knits was released in August, and I have to say, there are multiple patterns in this book that I want to knit. In fact, I have the yarn for several already. I believe every pattern in the book is knitted top-down (don't quote me on that; I could be wrong, but I know most of them are) and each pattern gives at least one alteration idea that you can use — long sleeves, short sleeves, altering the neckline, what-have-you. The sizes also go from XS to at least a 2X, and a 3X in some cases.

As you would expect, this is the only knitting I did this weekend. I did, however, do a lot of planning for knitting, so buckle your seatbelts for the next month or so.

4 comments:

the Lady said...

Pretty sweet!

Bricklyrknitter said...

That's a great sweater! Can't wait to see it finished!

Jo said...

Boobs.

Alyssa said...

I want that book!