28 September 2008

Ingenue!

I finally got the motivation to do the finishing on my Ingenue sweater.

(I know it's blurry. Blame the Other Jo.)

Project specs: Ingenue, from Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. I have already waxed poetic about the fantasticness of this book, so I'll spare you a second time. I used four skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca in Oceanic Mix. It's a lovely heathery blue-green color that is SO SOFT. The yarn is 50% wool, 50% alpaca and has freakin' awesome yardage. I have a couple of skeins leftover that I think will become legwarmers.


In other news, I've started work on Glee in Textiles a Mano La Paz. It's not very interesting yet, so I won't bother with a picture, but I hope to have it finished in time for the knitting guild's Missouri yarn crawl. We'll be going to St. Joseph to visit Textiles a Mano. I am completely enamored of the yarn, even though it will take me quite a while to knit a whole sweater on a US 5. I seem to have a thing for top-down raglans lately.

I'm also working on socks, slowly but surely. My Jaywalkers needed to be frogged back to the beginning of the gusset due to a measurement error, but they are ready to have the heel turned again. I hope to do that tonight, if I can tear myself away from Glee long enough.

I have been watching a lot of Pushing Daisies since the first season arrived in the mail last week. The second season starts Oct. 1! I may have to skip knitting to watch. And make a pie.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Can't wait until it's cold enough for you to wear this all the time! It looks fantastic on you!

ChelleC said...

That is a great sweater. The color, the fit, everything is cute about it.