07 July 2011

Faits divers.

Drive-by blogging, because I've been busy and haven't had time to take photos of anything.

  • Wichita will get socks. I have a skein of navy Cascade Heritage and two skeins of Knitpicks Stroll in peapod. He chose both colors. I'm thinking stripes. The only decision left to make is how wide to make the stripes.
  • Lots of baby knits going on behind the scenes. I think some of this stuff might be the cutest things I've ever knit. Here's hoping it all comes out as cute in real life as it is in my head.
  • My longest-friend got married. I do actually have a picture of that. As expected, we both have our eyes closed. This has been par for the course since we were 12. That's 15 YEARS, for those of you who are counting. Fifteen years of closed eyes in pictures.
IMG_20110702_202007.jpg
  • The knitting for the fair is not going so well. I straightened out my gauge issues and started motoring down the yoke, and then I left my pattern in Topeka on Monday before I came back to KC after the holiday. I have lost a solid week of progress.
  • A week from right now, I will be at the movie theater, waiting for the final piece of the Harry Potter saga to begin. This is kind of hard for me. Harry has been part of my life for the last 11 years, almost as long as my longest-friend. They're just books, yes — kids' books, even. But 11 years? That's more than my entire grown-up life. It will be hard to say goodbye.

No comments: