In my efforts to improve myself as a knitter, I am bound and determined to enter the county fair this year. I've chosen my pattern and yarn (and recipient -- surprise! It's not me!) and started a swatch.
HOWEVER.
Can someone please explain to me how this swatch is defying the laws of physics? I am supposed to be getting 4.5 sts/inch. The pattern suggested a US 6 needle, so that's where I started. On the US 6, I was getting 5 sts/inch. So, to fix my problem, I need to go up a needle size, to a US 7. Pretty straightforward, right?
Somehow I am getting 5.5 sts/inch with the US 7. The gauge swatch is a stupid lying liar that lies.
2 comments:
Are both needles the same maker? Are they interchangables with two different sizes? One bamboo, one metal? Those are the things that could account for the difference in gauge as related to the needles.
Aside from that, you might have been more tense when you knit the second swatch and knit a bit tighter.
Also, damn that lying swatch!
It's pants are surely on fire.
Post a Comment