Another hurdle has been cleared: the shoulder seams are done and the 20 ends are woven in. (It was 18, but I had to use a new length of yarn to sew up the left shoulder. The tail I had left wasn't long enough.)
Now for the real question: I was going to soak this in Kookaburra and lay it flat to dry. But this is superwash wool. I've never knitted an adult garment in superwash yarn. I have heard horror stories of superwash sweaters GROWING when washed, and needing a tumble in the dryer to shrink back to size. My swatch didn't behave unexpectedly (you know, when I knitted it 2 years ago) so I'm not sure what direction to go.
As always, any input is appreciated!
ETA: OK, OK, I couldn't resist. I tossed it to soak in a sinkful of suds, squeezed it out using the ShamWOWs my dad got us for Christmas one year (hey, I thought it was an appropriate use) and laid it out to dry in the living room. Sorry roommate! It didn't grow monstrously or anything, so I will take it for Wichita to try on this weekend!

2 comments:
I haven't had trouble with superwash - granted I used Cascade 220. I hope it stays the right size!
I haven't had trouble with superwash either. Other than one batch I had FELTED, so it must have been a mis-labelled product.
Looks great Jo.
Post a Comment