I bound off the fronts of my dad's sweater vest from Christmas 2009. My goal is to have it to him for Father's Day, just in time for him to be unable to wear it for the next 6 months while it is 100 degrees in the desert. I'll seam it up tomorrow and weave in the (18!) ends before throwing it into a Kookaburra bath.
I knitted the fronts at the same time, and let me tell you, was that ever a pain in the ass. I still don't think the neckline is deep enough, but I'll be seeing Wichita on Saturday, and he has agreed to try it on so I can see how deep I can knit the collar without choking the wearer.
I really like this yarn -- Lamb's Pride Superwash sportweight. I think it will hold up well and not be too heavy for fall and spring in sunny California. Really, I just hope it fits. I have a backup gift planned, just in case.
Wichita is feeling good. He's tapering off the good drugs and continues to stay moving, so I think his recovery is going swimmingly.
Lots more baby knits to come. Some are secret, some are not, and some I am just planning to wing it and hope things turn out like they are in my head.
1 comment:
Oh how I wish i could muster up some of your resolve to work on an old WIP! Congratulations on your fortitude.
Post a Comment