I'll start with the bad news, because that apparently makes it better...
I ripped out the Arwen cardigan. I hadn't touched it in months, and I had messed up a bit of the cable and instead of tinking back four rows, I frogged the entire thing.
Now, the good news.
I used the yarn to cast on the Indigo Playmate (Rav link) from Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. But! Of course I am not knitting that sweater, I have a lot of changes to make. I started this sweater on Tuesday and the body is nearing completion. I've finished all the waist shaping and just need to get to 23.5 inches before I bring in elements of the original Arwen cardigan. I'm planning to knit a folded hem at the bottom of the sweater instead of ribbing, and I will probably do the same at the sleeves. Instead of the ribbed collar, I'm going to pick up stitches and use a DPN to knit the cable edging.
Basically I'm going to end up knitting a top-down, grown-up version of A Cardigan for Merry. Without the hood. Because I have to make everything as difficult as possible.
1 comment:
But it will become the cardigan YOU want, and that's what matters. :-)
Post a Comment