Buttons are probably the worst part of knitting a cardigan, I think. Having the proper buttons can really make or break the sweater. I need 9 buttons to go on a forest green cardigan. I will probably visit Teri's House O' Buttons.
There was knitting over the weekend. We went to the lake for the boy's birthday and there was much food and booze and general frivolity. On Saturday night, I had such a terrible allergy attack, I took a Zyrtec (without booze) and tried to knit. I'm making A Very Braidy Cowl in some lovely handspun from Christine. Keep in mind I had not been drinking. I just took a Zyrtec at like 10 p.m. I managed to cross ALL the cables IN FRONT. Because, you know, it's not like there were clear directions or anything. I got through two whole pattern repeats before I realized what I'd done, so there was much swearing and I may have thrown the handspun. (Only a little. Like, just to the floor, not across the room or anything.) I used a provisional cast on so it will be lovely and seamless, and I think I may have committed knitting blasphemy by using Dream in Color Classy as waste yarn. So this project may be doomed, but dang, I am having fun with the giant cables.
There was also some sock knitting. I think these will end up as slipper socks for me, or maybe socks to wear over other socks when there are sub-zero temperatures in the winter. Here's a picture so this blog post isn't boring and picture-free.

Please note: I took two versions of this picture, one with the overhead light on and one without, and the flash on my phone went off both times, and they both looked exactly the same. Also that color is not even remotely accurate.
2 comments:
Too bad the purple is not the correct color - it's beautiful!
I'm with Cherry. Glad to see you've tamed the sock.
Post a Comment