I have decided on my airplane knitting. I'll be making the Lettuce Pullover in Malabrigo Sock, color Impressionist Sky. I got 3 skeins in my Easter basket last year. The yardage is slightly off — I'm about 100 yards short, so I may end up knitting the sleeves a bit short. I almost always push my sleeves up to my elbows anyway so I think it will be fine. I nailed gauge on the first shot so I am ready to rock. (SHOCK! The pattern is a top-down raglan in stockinette!) I'm also planning to take a pair of socks-in-progress, and on a hunch I'm going to take a lone ball of sock yarn.
I've been busy picking through my stash, putting together sock kits, and I made a special tab in my Ravelry queue for projects I'm planning to tackle in 2011. I'm EXCITED about these projects! They are (almost) all projects that have been in my queue for a very long time, and for some, I've had the yarn even longer. Mostly they are projects that will challenge me as a knitter (cables, fine gauge, new techniques) and things I think I will really enjoy wearing.
I am nearly done with the hat for Wichita. I made sure it was appropriately nerdy by using the nerdiest stitch markers I own:

The pattern is, of course, Koolhaas, and it's a tiny bit big on me so it should fit his melon head perfectly. There was an unsuccessful version of the Turn a Square hat that turned out WAY TOO HUGE, on both of us. This one is much better, in a lovely shade of green that will match his eyes. Now we see if he wears it.
2 comments:
Oh that Lettuce pullover is sweet.
Lettuce should look fabulous on you! I can't get enough of looking at your koolhaas hats. Boy SHOULD have one. It looks gorgeous, such texture!
And the stitch marker? It's just so JO! I love it dearly so glad you get use out of it. :)
Post a Comment