22 March 2010

All moved in.

I turned my keys in to my old apartment complex today, which means my stuff is all at the new place. (I have a LOT of stuff.) I have big plans to sort through some of the boxes of junk and decide what is necessary to keep and what can be tossed or donated or given away, but for now, I am mostly concerned with getting my room and closet space organized, which means organizing 1. clothes and 2. yarn.

Aside from organizational plans, there is knitting. And it is for me.


My new apartment has south-facing windows, which means I have lovely late afternoon light for taking pictures and don't require a flash. This will only get better as spring and summer progress and the days get longer and longer.

The knitting above is A Cardigan for Arwen, and as I haven't knit many cables before, I'm particularly proud of how quickly I've got the hang of these. It's only an 8-row pattern, so after 3 or 4 repeats I should have it down solid, but we all know how miserable my counting-to-10 skills are, so the fact that I am relying less on the chart only 25 rows in is (for me) really impressive. The yarn is Peace Fleece worsted, Georgia rose. The back of the sweater is done and I've started the left front. The real test will come when I have to do some fancy math to compensate for not knitting the hood. But I figure if I do a sufficient job with this, more complex cable sweaters (I'm looking at you, Rogue hoodie) should be a snap.

Progress on mom's socks has continued, but dad's vest has gone into hibernation (read: I'm not sure where it went. It's not in the old apartment, so I know it has to be here somewhere.) Maybe it's hiding with my laptop bag, which is also missing.

Tonight's goal: unload the three (3!) laundry baskets full of clean clothes and fill them with dirty clothes, if necessary. I bought a washer and dryer (new-to-me, but in excellent condition — I think they might be older than I am) so I am feeling more and more like an actual grown-up.

No comments: