... is that it frequently makes me want to abandon my current projects and start new things.
Knitting in the Heartland was this weekend, hosted by the Sunflower Knitters' Guild and featuring Melissa Leapman. I taught a class and took a class and bought lots (and lots) of yarn. Natch.
The vendor market was, as usual, amazing, with local fiber vendors, hand spinners, jewelers, hand dyers, alpaca farmers and much more. The committee did a great job this year!
I found lots of treasures.
From Alpacas at Willowbrook Farms, 400 yards of fingering weight alpaca in light avocado. I'm thinking something light and lacy to wear close around my neck next winter.
Also from Willowbrook Farms, two skeins of sport-weight alpaca, 200 yards each. The lighter color is more of a lilac color, instead of the blue. (I couldn't get the color right with Photoshop.) Perhaps striped mittens? Legwarmers? We'll let it marinate in the stash for a bit and see what it wants to become.
This is Merisock Hand Painted, of course I couldn't let the weekend pass without buying sock yarn.
This is some yarn from Darwin, who lives at Maggie's Farm in Lawrence. I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with 500 yards of Darwin. I'm thinking maybe I'll add a skein of Noro and make a stripey vest.
I couldn't quite get the color right on this one either, but it's a lovely raspberry colored alpaca from Alpacas of Wildcat Hollow. I have 1028 yards, so I am thinking a lovely light cardigan.
I also got a copy of The Opinionated Knitted by the Great Elizabeth. All in all, a fantastic weekend.
3 comments:
It was good to see you this weekend. Happy knitting with your new yarn.
Great seeing you. I love your purchases. You have such great taste. I can't wait to see what you make with these.
Aaah, new yarn. How it does tempt us. Lovely Cardi for Arwen too btw.
Post a Comment