So it's been a solid month since I last posted, and while I can usually assure you that despite my lack of posts, I have still been knitting, this time that is not the case. I haven't been knitting, hardly at all, and I haven't finished anything since my mom's birthday socks, which were gifted to her at Easter in Chicago and I took pictures and just... never uploaded them to the computer. I've started projects and put them down, picked them up and then shoved them into the drawers in the coffee table (shh, I don't think my roommate knows about this.)
I'm going off to try to find my knitting mojo via a quick knit on large needles. Suggestions welcome. Rewards possible, if any of the suggestions work.
4 comments:
I hope it comes back! I've felt the same way before, and I'm still knitting, so that's good news. :)
Something that's helped me get my mojo back is to look through all my abandoned knitting. As I find each piece I make hard decisions about whether to finish it, rip it out and pick a new project or even pass the yarn on to someone else. It often kick starts me on a finish-itis which then leads me to another start-itis phase.
read a knitting book. go to the yarn shop and leave your wallet at home, just walk around and squish the yarn and look at the colors. i agree with teri. i get on a finish it up kick, and for some reason it makes me really excited to use the yarn i haven't used yet.
go to knitting night or have a movie night with a knitting friend.
or try out a new yarn you're really intrigued by.
Post a Comment