I am knitting a half-assed gauge swatch, mostly because I am lazy, but also partly because I really want to get started on this sweater. I'm using Peace Fleece worsted in Georgia Rose, a lovely pink with hints of orange. I love the yarn. It smells sheepy. And it's a wonderful company.
My half-assed gauge swatch is telling me that I might need to go to a US 6 for this sweater, when the pattern calls for a US 8. I'm not usually a loose knitter, so I wonder what my problem is. The US 8 was far too large, and the US 7 is hitting 4.5 sts/inch perfectly, which means a wash will put it over. There will be much pouting if I have to knit this sweater on a US 6 instead of an 8. I'm using a pica pole to measure my knitting because I am too lazy to get up and find a tape measure.
Oh, the sweater is a Cardigan for Arwen, except I'm not going to knit the hood. I found a gorgeous sweater on Ravelry that had no hood and the knitter wrote out her mods very clearly. I'm anxious to get going before it gets too warm to wear it.
And yes, I'm starting a sweater for me when I have my mom's birthday socks and my dad's Christmas vest both waiting. Your point?
1 comment:
Jo, you truly are a selfish knitter. Always be true to yourself.
:)
Amber
Post a Comment