18 March 2010

Lacy.

I have a sudden affinity for laceweight. I bought two skeins of Jojoland Harmony (color 02 and color 05) and suddenly all I want to do is knit a lacy shawl for summer. Which is not a good thing, because while I am supposed to be knitting socks for my mom and a sweater vest for my dad, I have started a cardigan for myself and maybe also a pair of socks for St. Patrick's Day. (Hey, I needed to be festive, so I used Dream in Color Happy Forest SMOOSHY!

For not having a part-time job anymore, I am stupid busy. I'm still working on getting unpacked because I am never home. I still have things at my old apartment, which need to be taken out on Sunday because I am turning in the keys on Monday. Nothing like coming down to the wire. But the new apartment is starting to feel like home, with things hanging on the walls, books on the shelves, and yarn squirreled away in the coffee table drawers. As soon as I have some time to sort and take the last of the boxes to storage, I will take pictures. If you're lucky, I might even make the bed.

Knitting in the Heartland is next weekend! I'll be teaching and taking classes, and you will probably be able to find me in the vendor market during breaks.

In two weeks, I will be in Chicago, celebrating this guy's first Easter:


Oliver got to go to Arizona to see the Cubs play at spring training. They came back in the bottom of the 9th to win the game! Oliver likes baseball, but doesn't so much like the cheering crowd.

1 comment:

Christine said...

nom nom nom baby drool nom nom

That baby is C.U.T.E. seriously, how do they get anything done besides looking at the kid and nomming him?