You can see in this picture how the color is really more green-gray than it looked in the first picture I shared. The top of the mitten is a bit wonky, because I think the pattern was written for someone with really small hands. I had to add an extra cable repeat and then the decreases at the top were off. My hands aren't particularly large, so if you decide to make these mittens, keep in mind that you will probably need a bit more yarn than the pattern requires.
I think these will be great this winter when I am scraping snow off my car. I was going to make them flip-top mittens, but decided against it, mostly because I am too lazy to figure out the best way to do the finger part. The yarn is already bulky, so I didn't want to knit individual fingers, but then it seemed like having just an open hand would invite the chill in while I was doing anything labor-intensive, thus defeating the point of mittens. So I just made mittens.
2 comments:
Mitten is cool!
I like the color of your new post. It's easier to read.
Beautiful! Those look like they will be awesome for the winter.
Post a Comment