I will start by saying, overall, I liked it. I thought it was very funny. I was skeptical, when the cast and producers and everyone kept saying what a funny movie it was. Sure, the book had funny moments, but they were rather subtle. So I was curious to see how they made a movie in which a major character DIES into a "funny" movie.
The teenage love triangles have done it again. It's actually quite brilliantly done, and very funny. But of course, you see Draco up to something and you know he can't be up to anything good BECAUSE HE'S DRACO. And Felix Felicis was brilliant. And Ron got to play Quidditch, and Luna had her spectrespecs, and Hermione got mad because she wasn't the best in Potions class anymore. But Hermione also had to nurse a broken heart, and I know how that feels, and she played it so well up on that screen.
If you're into Harry Potter, go see it. It's different from the books, but that's what makes the books so special. You can always go and read them for the "real" story, and then can you go watch the movies for the action sequences.

3 comments:
Yup, that pretty much sums up how I felt about it. I'm glad I read the books, alright memorize the books so I can fill in the holes in the story as I watch it.
It's Harry, its good vs evil...what else do we need?
WWHD?
Yes, me too. I actually enjoyed this movie, but I was so SHOCKED that they left out the final scene in which a main character dies. !!! I really like the teen angst, I thought it was great.
I'm going to see it tomorrow, but if you liked it I know it should be ok! :-) I'm always a little disappointed with the movies, there is so much happening in the books that gets left out. I wish they'd done them like the LotR ones and made them super long.
Post a Comment