I knew as soon as I got this yarn (it was a gift) that it would need to be knitted into something snakey. I tried the Nagini pattern, but to me, that looks nothing like snakeskin. And the cable pattern was irritating. So I went into the Harmony Guides and found something to my liking. It's called "Lacy Lead Trellis," but I think it looks like Slytherin's monster, snaking its way through the plumbing at Hogwarts. So these are my Slytherin's Monster socks.
I probably won't "publish" the pattern, because it's dead simple, but I do want your opinions, oh faithful readers. Should I continue the cable pattern all the way down the leg and foot, or just leave it at the cuff? I was thinking maybe half a repeat and then go into 2x2 rib, with another cable twist right before the toe. Thoughts?
6 comments:
Go all the way down.
Cables on the foot do tend to be a little bulky, but the thought of how the last twist will look before the toe is fantastic. You should continue cables.
I agree with the two esteemed knitters in front of me. Unless the cables are just unthinkably bulky, do them all the way down. Also, make a copy of the pattern so we may partake of the knit.
Looks very similar to the Boyfriend Socks/Log Cabin Socks, which go onto the foot and look very nice. I say go onto the foot.
EpicallyEpicSoap.etsy.com
Allison is fabulous. Get some soap from her!
Cable it on down lady! The basilisk wouldn't stop at the ankle, but slithered its way through the entire pipes at Hogwarts! You could keep them pipe-ish and add the last cable just above the toes.
I think you should publish it as a pattern. Though it may be "dead easy" to a veteran sock knitter and chart guru as yourself, many knitters would appreciate the info set into pattern terms!
*Plus I'd totally knit it top down*
-Molly
Post a Comment