11 May 2009

Special delivery.

A very special package arrived at my house the other day.

 
Can you guess what was inside?
 
 
It was quite a surprise!

 
I received a special package from A and her pup Kaiser! A few weeks ago, she had a destash/contest, and I was the winner! So I now have some new-to-me wool and some other goodies. Thanks, A (and Kaiser!) I already have some sooper-seekrit plans for some of the wool. Also, that teal yarn? I think it might be Classic Elite Montera. I have a pair of mittens and a hat made out of it. I'll have to dig them out and make a comparison.

I stayed up late last night to finish the bind-off on my Kool-Aid Shawl of Doom. I ran 100% OUT OF YARN when I was only 9 stitches from the end. NINE STITCHES, PEOPLE. So I had to use the no-yarn bind off on the last 9 stitches, and let me tell you, I'm still pretty pissed about that. The last 9 stitches will now be much less flexible when I go to block the shawl, which probably won't be until the weekend because 1. I am still quite upset with the shawl and 2. I have to use my bed because I don't want any excess dye (read: Kool-Aid) to bleed onto my carpet (apartment complexes tend to frown upon that sort of thing.) There are currently no pictures of the shawl because it is still in a heap, where I threw it in a fit of pique after I finished the bind off.

It seems like nothing I knit lately is going right. I have started more socks in the last week than I really care to admit, and have frogged them all. I made it several pattern repeats into Nagini just tonight, and, all drama aside, I can't make up my mind if I really like it or not. Also, I'm not really wild about the SMOOSHY! on US 1 DPNs, at a gauge of 9.5 sts/inch. I think on a US 1.5, I get a good fabric at 8.5-9 sts/inch. So maybe I'll just make up my own pattern with a snakeskin cable. So there. Up yours, zombies!

In other news, my washer here has a "soak" setting, so I am slowly but surely washing all my sweaters before I pack them away for the summer. Which will hopefully be long and drawn out and at least 90 degrees every day, and last until, oh, let's say January.

3 comments:

The Litter Box House said...

I'm glad you like it and it will be fun to see your super secret plans for the yarn...

Andrea

Christine said...

What an awesome win! WOO HOO for destash yarn!
:)

Alyssa said...

Sometimes I think its best to step away from the knitting and come back in a day or two...also wine helps the frogging to not hurt so much.