07 May 2009

A bad case of startitis.

Currently, I have one of the worst cases of startitis I think I've ever had in my nearly 6 years (!) of knitting. Since Sunday, I've started a lace shawl and two pairs of socks. One of the socks and I have had a disagreement about the necessity of a gusset, so she's in time-out until I can gather the strength to rip back to the toe. The other sock is only a toe, so far, and I made most of that progress while coloring my hair last night.

The shawl is seeing quite a bit of play, though. It's only a six-stitch, 12-row repeat, and the charts are easy to follow, and I'm finally to the point where I can read my knitting and see where I'm supposed to go next.

It's not pinned out all fancy like it will be when it's complete, but here's a sneak peek at my Little Arrowhead shawl (AKA, "Hey, KOOL-AID!')

Not a great photo, because I may have or may not have taken an Ambien, because I slept terribly last night. But I wanted a picture of my pretty shawl, after it has been made nearly unrecognizable in PhotoShop. I promise it's much prettier in person. If I run into you and I have it on me, I'll let you sniff it, because it still smells like KOOL-AID. The pattern is a dream to knit; once you get the setup rows done, you're off and knitting! Mine will need a name. It cannot be the Kool-Aid shawl, it cannot be the little arrowhead shawl, so it needs a new name. Suggestions are now open.

Also, come to Stitch 'n' Pitch at Kauffman Stadium to see the Royals play the Chicago White Sox. Sunday, May 31, 1:10 p.m. first pitch. Call MisKnits for details.

No comments: