03 May 2009

Perfect match.

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my Greenish Gable! I'll let everyone in on a secret: the reason I can crank out sweaters so quickly is because I watch A LOT of TV on DVD. Dexter, Arrested Development, Chuck, Pushing Daisies — I spend hours planted on my couch, knitting sweaters that are primarily stockinette stitch. I'm also big into books on CD (Harry Potter, Twilight, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, to name a few). I also neglect housework, or in my current apartment, unpacking. I did finally get rid of the empty boxes, so now there's only some boxes here and there and an ungodly amount of STUFF. Not to mention yarn, etc.

I did clean my kitchen yesterday evening, and while I was at it, dyed up another skein of the Plymouth Ecco Silk that I had such luck with on the guild retreat at the Harveyville Project.

 

Can you tell them apart? The only reason I can is because the one I dyed on the retreat still has the tag on it. I used 3 packets of black cherry Kool-Aid and 1 packet of grape. When I knit it up, I'll still probably alternate skeins, just to be sure, but I really don't think they could be any closer. I'm trying to decide on a lace pattern to use. The Selfish Knitters May KAL is lace and/or flowers. I have just less than 300 yards. If you have a suggestion, let me know!

And here is my new selfish project, inspired by L, who has been knitting some of the most beautiful striped socks ever:

 

Longtime readers of this blog will perhaps recognize this as the first yarn that I bought following my Lenten yarn fast last year. The colorway is Mokey Fraggle, and I am far too easily amused by the fact that the stripes happen all on their own. The pattern is NOT the Jaywalker socks, but rather the Jillwalker, because of the adorable eyelets that are sort of hard to see in the picture.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Maybe Ishbel by Isolda Teague? It calls for 330 yards.

the Lady said...

Whoo! Pretty socks! So that's how you get all those sweaters done. Actually, that's kind of how I get all these socks done, just without the TV. The apartment is a mess, I actually need to stop neglecting it today, hee hee. Thanks for the compliment!