Anyway.
This morning, I went to my appointment, before the sun even rose. My therapist ran me through a bunch of exercises, and then asked about my pain level, blah blah, and when I said it wasn't really getting any better (and I suppose I could be more diligent about my exercises, but I am not taking an hour out of my knitting time EVERY DAY to do these silly calisthenics) she said she had something she wanted to try. And I left the office with this:
(Do you have any idea how difficult it is to take a photo of your own shoulder with a cellphone camera? Do you?)
Yes, I know it looks like a giant band-aid, but it is so much more. There is a battery stuck to my arm under that giant band-aid, folks, and its negative polarity is repelling the negatively charged cortisone into my shoulder. In more technical terms, I found this at Yahoo! Answers: A patch soaked with cortisone was placed on the injured shoulder area, and a plain patch was placed further down on my arm. A wire connected the 2 patches and hooked to a battery pack. An electrical current pulled the cortisone through the treatment area. No shot required.
So I have been walking around all day with a battery pack stuck to my arm. I AM A BIONIC KNITTER. I feel like I should be able to say, "Go go gadget arms!" and something cool would happen. Alas, nothing does, except the occasional tingle like I'm getting a mild electric shock. Oh, and my shoulder doesn't hurt for the first time in like three months, and I want to knit again, because it doesn't hurt! Yay!
Also, I realized I was remiss in detailing the fourth photo in my post last night:
Everyone freeze! This is a stick-up! Bang bang! Hand over the wool and no one gets hurt!
That's my Chickadee cowl, made with Zitron Nimbus, a lovely organic wool that is so soft I knew it had to be made into something I could wear right around my neck. I used a US 10.5 needle and CO 101 sts. If I had it to do over, I'd probably cast on fewer stitches so it stood up around my neck and chin better, and so it was a bit longer.

2 comments:
Ooh, injuries. I hope you start feeling better soon.
Hey,
Haven't seen you in a while, because guild ALWAYS falls on a night I have something school-related, it seems. But, I gotta tell you, you take the best photos of your adventures.
Hope you're well!
Jill
Post a Comment