16 December 2008

Plan B hat


Plan B hat
Originally uploaded by knitjoknit

Here you have what I like to call Plan B. I started knitting the hat with the pattern I'd picked, and as I started the decreases, I said, "You know what? I like this yarn too much to give it away. So fuck that. It's mine now." And that was that.

Then of course, I needed a Plan B, and Amber saved the day (as she so often does) by suggesting that this hat pattern could go with this yarn (we picked SW90 Northern Lights) and it might be pretty rock 'n' roll. True to her word, rock 'n' roll.

I loved knitting this hat. It was a super easy pattern that went quickly on large needles. (I've been knitting sweaters on US 6 and smaller lately, so anything larger seems to take no time at all.) I knit the 1x1 rib brim with a tubular cast on on US 5, and it looks very professional, if I do say so myself. The body of the hat was made on US 7 16" circs and a Brittany cable needle. If you are just venturing into cables and lace, I would highly recommend this pattern because it is easy enough for me to knit, and I can't count if my life depended on it. (Let's just say my job does not often require me to count things. It's best that way.)

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Looks like one I just finished last night, except I just kind of made it up as I went along and had no ribbing. Needed a quick gift hat and wanted to use the 1 skein of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino superchunky I had. I almost like it too much to give it away.

Gwen