30 July 2008

Status: LOVE


DSC02201
Originally uploaded by knitjoknit

I know it looks like a black sock, but trust me. It is so much more.

I'm knitting the Bellatrix socks again, this time out of Wollmeise Sockenwolle in Poison No. 5. I am in love. I'm only doing the pattern stitch when the mood strikes, so they are lovely and random and the color is GORGEOUS. (Thanks, Sara!)

This is my first pair of Wollmeise socks, and I do have two small complaints. First, I had to change the way I tension the yarn because the yarn was giving me a wee blister. Ouchie. Second, it's kind of splitty. I'm using my trusty US 1 Hiya's (which are getting slightly bent with all the use they've had lately) and dropped stitches can be kind of hard to pick up. I think that might be a bit because the yarn is, oh, you know, BLACK, so unless I'm knitting in a really well-lit room (which I am usually not) dropped and/or split stitches are inevitable.

I love them. The yarn feels great on my feet. (I'm using US 1 for a gauge of 9 sts/inch. Yes, I like my socks to be bulletproof.)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Not a snarky comment. Just wanted to say hi and it was great to meet you last night at MisKnits.

And the socks are very cool.

"Regular Jen"