Eleven months ago (to the day!), I
started a sweater.
And today, eleven months later, I finished said sweater.

Specs: Cozy V-Neck with Deep Ribbing, from
Fitted Knits by
Stefanie Japel. Stefanie will be our featured designer at
Knitting in the Heartland next weekend. I used about 5.5 skeins of
Cascade Pastaza, color ruby. I knitted the 36.5 inch size. I did make slight modifications: rather than knitting 17 inches of ribbing on the body and sleeves, I knitted 3 inches. I had originally
knitted all the ribbing, but I decided it was a bit too fitted for my taste, so I just knit the body straight and then did just a few inches at the hem. Same with the sleeves. It fits quite nicely — don't worry, there will be a photo shoot, as long as it stays cool this weekend. This is a VERY WARM SWEATER.
Also, my Lenten yarn diet is over! And here is the first purchase:

It is self-striping Fraggle yarn from
Yarning Yenta. The color is
Mokey Fraggle, and I love it! It is so so soft. I was very pleased with the quality of the yarn and the color of it. Also the shipping was very prompt. I can't wait to knit it up — I think another pair of Jaywalkers is in order!
2 comments:
I have the fitted knits book and have looked at that sweater. I like it better with less ribbing. Hadn't thought about doing that. Cute yarn. Love the fraggle name!
oooh I love teh color of that sweater! I've hard yarn to make one for ages!
Post a Comment