27 July 2010

Record?

I now present a Less-than-12-hour project.

IMAG0042

I call it the Kingston Park cowl, after the park by my office where I sat and finished it. (I was listening to Darkly Dreaming Dexter, the book upon which the TV series is based. I don't like the book as well as the show.) The yarn is Punta Yarns Meritwist Hand Paint on a US 11. The pattern is the Dolores Park cowl — it was a really, REALLY fast knit! Mine is slightly modified (of course) because the skein of Meritwist isn't as large as a skein of Malabrigo Chunky. After the second purl row, I cast off with the no-yarn bind off. I also didn't increase to 72 sts until 6 rows before binding off.

The other treasure I would like to share is very special. My friend Nisse has opened an Etsy shop to sell her very beautiful handspun. It's called Spinning Joy and she makes beautiful yarn.

Bella and Darwin

The handspun on the left is called Bella, and I'm going to pair it with some wool I got at Knitting in the Heartland in the spring. The brown wool is called Darwin, and I am going to make a vest. A striped vest, very simple. It's going to be my September knitting, for my birthday.

It feels good to be making progress on things.

1 comment:

Gale Bulkley said...

I sure do love the colours in that cowl. It's fun to have a project fly off of the needles like that, especially one that's pretty.