26 August 2009

Now with AKC (actual knitting content)!

The shrug was an unparalleled disaster. Let us never speak of it again. (It is currently in a heap in the corner, waiting until I have cooled off enough to frog it.) I will just have to find something else to wear on my shoulders to the rehearsal dinner.

But let it be noted that I have not let this setback get me down! I have been busy. I started a new sock (of course) and have made excellent headway on baby knitting.



This is the Kai Cable sweater from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding. This book is so cute I can hardly stand it. The knits are all made from natural fibers, mostly organic. I had two skeins of Lion Brand Organic Cotton marinating in the stash, so I whipped up this sweater in 24 hours — and that included knitting the back of the sweater twice. I tried knitting the medium size (6-12 months) first, only to discover that one ball barely gave me the back and one sleeve. So I knitted the size small sleeves and then ripped out the back and reknit it. I have to knit the neckline and sew it up, but overall, it was a nice quick knit.

I went to Michaels and found the Lion Organic Cotton was on sale, 2 skeins for $9, so I bought a few more balls because I think this sweater is too cute for words. This one is blue, for my nephew, and I started a pink one tonight because it seems like everyone I know is having baby girls. I may need to hit up Michaels again before the sale ends. This cotton is super-soft and squishy, and it washes well, so I am really pleased that two skeins will make the small size.

4 comments:

Christine said...

adorable! Sorry the shrug is dead. Ah well. The yarn can live again as something else after a good long timeout.
C

Chery said...

I remember a nice shawl you have, does the color go with the wedding theme?

Love your little baby sweater.

the Lady said...

Wait, wait! I must know what happened to the shrug! It was all good! What happened?

Dana said...

very cute! is it knit as a back and a front or in one piece?