02 August 2009

Not what I was expecting.

So I went to dig through the stash last night, expecting to come up with something thick and woolly and more appropriate for below-freezing temperatures than 90° F (or more). Something along the lines of Peace Fleece, or Berroco Peruvia, or even Lion Fisherman's Wool.

Instead, a bag containing four skeins of Plymouth Royal Llama Silk came to the surface, and I promptly cast on for a second Retro Redux, this time in black.

Longtime blog readers will remember the first time I knitted this pattern. I love the finished product, but the color makes it a bit impractical. Surprise, that odd shade of pinkish-red does not go with a whole lot that's in my wardrobe. I'll spare you the photo of 15 inches of plain black lace. But I started it last night, and with the help of seasons 1 and 2 of Dexter, I am nearly half finished with the sleeve part. (Season 3 of Dexter comes out on Aug. 18!)

I'll be honest, I had started knitting this shrug last fall, but it got caught up in The Great Debugging of 2008, so I tore it out and started over. I'm already further along than I was before I ripped it out. I'm in a wedding at the end of the month, so I'd like to be able to wear this for some of the festivities. (Also, I would like to finish it so I can wear it to the guild's Victorian tea party next Sunday, but I'm not holding my breath.)

2 comments:

theLady said...

Hee - Victorian tea party. Cute. Looks like you got over your knitting mehs.

Renee said...

I heart Dexter. Though, watching a lot of it all at once makes me feel like I'm going crazy. Let us know if it does that to you, too.