05 March 2009

This and that.

Last Saturday, my Spring Forward sock got a taste of winter.

Not cool, Mother Nature. Not cool.

To celebrate my tax refund, I got myself a little present.


It's a circular needle case from Offhand Designs, purchased through Stitch Diva. I got mine on sale, and I LOVE it. However, now that I have all my circular needles in one place (mostly), the question must be asked: why do I have so many sets of US 8 and US 10 circulars? But the case has a lovely zippered pouch, slots for various crochet hooks/DPNs, and there are enough little sleeves in it that there is more than enough room for all my circulars. Not counting the ones in use elsewhere.

I am not on speaking terms with my current sweater at the moment. It appears that I have had a (cough) growth spurt, and the sweater fits a little too well, if you know what I mean. It's rather more snug across the bust than I usually prefer, and considering I have exactly two bras that currently fit, I really shouldn't be that surprised. Even though the sleeve stitches are still on waste yarn, I may toss it in for a soak with some Kookaburra and see if it can't be salvaged into something that's not indecent.

Cute baby knit to be showcased, as soon as it dries. And it's even a pattern I made up myself, for my first commission knitting project! (Note: this does not mean I take commissions from random schmoes off the street. I am still a card-carrying member of the Selfish Knitters group on Ravelry.)

3 comments:

Chery said...

I started some Spring Forward with the Grasshopper yarn when I got home on Tuesday night. I'm lovin that pattern.

Christine said...

I may have to SWF you guys and do a sock with an actual pattern in it. Your spring forwards are sooooooo purty.

the Lady said...

Ooh, jealous of your needle case.