15 March 2009

Inspiration.

After spending a majority of the weekend asleep (really — aside from a foray downtown to see a roller derby bout, I spent an appalling amount of time curled up in my cosy bed) and ripping out all the knitting I started (all but one swatch) I have finally accomplished something.

I am starting an original sock pattern.

It's going to be quite a special sock, because it's knitted in quite special yarn. Last summer, I found a dyer on Etsy who made Harry Potter-inspired sock yarn. And it's not just Gryffindor red and gold. The three hand-dyed colorways I purchased were inspired by the Deathly Hallows, so I want these socks to be beautiful. (Not that they won't be, anyway, because the yarn is gorgeous, but you know what I mean.)

I'm starting with Invisibility Cloak, and I'm really excited. I'll give you an update when I make a bit more progress!

2 comments:

the Lady said...

I look forward to your socks with baited breath!

Christine said...

Can't wait!