22 March 2009

Finished object!

Yes, I am a tease. There are no photos of said finished object, but I promise it exists.

I decided against non-superwash wool for my mom (but let it be noted that I did at least consider the Malabrigo for my mother's birthday, because that's just how much I love my mama) so I went to everyone's favorite KC yarn store and bought some Dream in Color Classy in Pansy Go Lightly. (Let it also be noted that my skein of Pansy Go Lightly looks nothing like this. It is way more red-purple, less blue-purple.) Let it also be noted that this was a weekend project — I started them on Friday night, knitted a little on them on Saturday (most of my afternoon was taken up by a nap) and then knitted a little on them on Sunday (while watching Twilight; I got distracted and knitted a whole extra inch of cuff before I realized what I'd done and had to rip back) and boom, they were done. The Maine Morning Mitts pattern is great, but of course I could not let things go without a few modifications, because I'm me.

I have washed said mitts and they are currently drying. I might toss them into the dryer to shrink them up a bit (I always forget how much superwash yarn GROWS when it gets wet). Then they need to have the ends woven in, and be photographed quickly before they are sent out priority mail in an effort to get them to California by Thursday. Perhaps I'll pop the card into the mail tomorrow, with a note: "Your present! It is coming! Love from your favorite kid."

1 comment:

Christine said...

Good call on the classy. Superwash, pretty and soft. Can't wait to see them. I also hate the gussetless thumb, thanks for the link! I'll be making a few pair myself I think.

OH and the LED sheep? Man there's nothing better.