It's Ron's Ragg Raglan, with Jo modifications. Because when have I ever knitted anything according to the pattern?
I used not quite 7 skeins of Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran in color 120 (now apparently a discontinued color, but there's another similar grey still in production) and US 9 circular needles. I made the adult small, but I'll confess here — I didn't knit a gauge swatch, so my sweater is a bit more snug than the pattern intended. I'd say my sweater measures about 33 inches at the bust, when the pattern calls for a 36-inch chest measurement. I also stopped the raglan decreases early. I left out about four sets, to make the neckline lower and wider.
I love love love it. I washed it in yummy Kookaburra, so it smells like crack, and the yarn is lovely soft and not itchy at all.
I have already started a new sweater. And this time I even made a gauge swatch!
4 comments:
Looks nice and snuggly!
It's beautiful! I love it and may have to copy you! :)
LOVE it. You can send it out here any time it needs to be babysat.
It rocks, as do you, of course!
Post a Comment